- Interview clients
- Stock shelves
- Make deliveries and pick-ups
- Help in the office
- Fund raising
- Provide a meal
We didn’t know that so many poor people in neighborhood need our help until today. CES is doing a great job to help those people, and create many opportunity to volunteers.
Amazing organization, everyone at CES is so friendly and helpful! They deeply care and help fill the needs of our neighborhood.
Saint Mary’s Missions and Outreach Ministry supports Community Emergency Service. They are one of the organizations participating in St. Mary’s Share YourShelf, where parishioners make monetary and food donations to support local food shelves.
Community Emergency Service (CES) is a non-profit crisis relief and empowerment ministry founded by Augustana Lutheran Church located in the Phillips Neighborhood. Up to 20% of food shelf clients are veterans and 25% of Meals on Wheels clients are veterans. CES provides food to their hungry neighbors, striving to provide hope, encouragement, and a caring human presence. CES seeks to serve in a Christ-like manner all that come in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual sustenance.
They provide prayer support, direct aid relief, advocacy, referral, and counseling to low-income people in the neighborhood. Their projects include: rental and mortgage assistance, Kids Care Program, Meals on Wheels, and a new program called “Ani-Meals”, a pet food supplement program primarily for the homebound.
CES’s Objectives include:
- Foster a faith-based environment throughout the entire organization
- Assist in meeting the basic physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients in a loving and personal manner
- Maintain positive relationships with neighborhood residents, community organizations, partner congregations, businesses, and local units of government
- Position CES for the future by ongoing evaluation to ensure quality and efficiency in addressing the most critical needs of the community