The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America provides a wealth of information to introduce you to the Orthodox Christian faith.
One such resource is Treasures of Orthodoxy authored by Fr. Thomas Fitzgerald, a faculty member of Hellenic College-Holy Cross School of Theology, and written for the non-Orthodox, especially those who are considering becoming members of the Orthodox Church and who wish to deepen their appreciation of her faith, worship, and traditions.
Treasures of Orthodoxy – Fr. Thomas Fitzgerald
- Introduction – Introduces the non-Orthodox to Orthodox Christianity.
- House of God – Describes the interior of the church building.
- Worship – Discusses the form and characteristics of Orthodox worship.
- Liturgy – Describes the meaning and celebration of the Eucharist.
- Sacraments – Describes the meaning and importance of liturgical life.
- Special Services and Blessings – Describes the non-sacramental services which contribute to spiritual life.
- Teachings – Outlines the salient points of doctrine and basic credal affirmations.
- Spirituality – Discusses the meaning of theosis as the goal of Christian life.
- History – Sketches the great epochs of Orthodoxy.
- The Church – Outlines the procedure for becoming a member of the Orthodox Church.